There were games of chance, and Tony won me a large stuffed penguin! How nice. No one ever won me a stuffed penguin. We went and watched some of the rides, which were typical traveling carnival rides i.e., slightly scary. There were a lot of kiddies, and a LOT of teenagers... and only one handsome sweet husband - well, in MY opinion!
Also - I hope that the guys that run these rides for kids have background checks! Tony and I both had the same thought that a couple of them looked a little shady. Must be a tough life, being a carny. There was a long row of shiny firetrucks as you entered the fair, and I was probably the only person at the fair interested in getting fire safety information and not in obtaining a plastic blow-up hammer.
I forgot to mention that Tony also entered to win the 2007 cherry red Mustang. We'll see if we win it. If not, he'll have to go into our back yard and give his red 1969 Mustang some love.
Tony had remembered there being BINGO at the fair, but we didn't see it at first. Finally, we found the pavillion where the game was going on. We played 5 rounds of 5 cards shared between us and didn't win a single round! But it was pretty darn fun.
Well, we were getting pretty tired so we decided to get some dessert and head out. I gave Tony a pleading look for cotton candy, but he shook his head because it has no nutritional value... so we settled upon a funnel cake. You had to first buy a ticket for a funnel cake, upon which they wrote your number. Then you stood in a long line waiting for them to call out your number. During this process, we were able to watch the funnel cake-making show which I have documented for your pleasure below. These women were talented and that grease was bubbling hot!
Mmmmmmm... Here is the finished product. It was SO good! Much better than cotton candy.
It was getting late, and we still had to stop at Wegman's on the way home, so here we are with the penguin as we left the fair. What a fun time! We'll be back next year!
Yeah! I love carnivals! I have never had a funnel cake, but always wanted to try one. It looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteAWWW, A cute penguin. I have never had funnel cake and will now have to try it. Tony is sweet! Oh, I heard that little jingle from my neighbor about Melrose Diner. Must be famous around here. Hey, let's go to dinner soon!
ReplyDelete