Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shopping and Chink's - My Saturday!

Much like the Energizer Bunny, my options for blog posts just keep going and going... And yes, also like the Energizer Bunny, my husband reminding me that I haven't posted for quite a while just keeps going and going...

So my darling sister and her family moved here on Thursday!! They stayed with us for a couple of days since their things were delayed arriving. They got the keys to their lovely new apartment (only 10 minutes away - have I mentioned that???) on Friday and started moving in from that point on.

Bethany had to really put her muscle into this HEAVY cart to move it around.

Yesterday Bethany and I made the Grande Tour of Ye Olde Philadelphia Suburbs Shopping to purchase much needed items. Luckily we did NOT take Bethany's sweet little girl and luckily we DID take the Jeep since all of our purchases took a LOOOONG time and a LOOOOT of room! But what a blast we had! Justified shopping is the best kind I think. Guilt Free! Behold the laden car!

For dinner Tony came over to pick us all up at the apartment (where David and I had hauled all ye olde HEAVY purchases up a flight of stairs). He drove us over into NE Philly where after many little turns in charming neighborhoods we found ourselves at Chink's Steaks.


Bethany and David had not had a proper cheesesteak and Tony was bound and determined (aren't those two things counterproductive?) to rectify this situation! Chink's regularly comes in the top 10 (or #1 or #6 depending on what poll you check) for the best Philly cheesesteak. It is an olde tyme (what is it with me and "olde" tonight?) sandwich place and I highly recommend it. I've had quite a few cheesesteaks at quite a few places around town since moving here, and Chink's really does rate very high! The interior is great with narrow wooden booths along two sides and the counter and food prep along the other two.


David and Tony were in heaven. I believe that David said he could eat a cheesesteak from Chink's every day and be totally happy. (Maybe you didn't exactly say "totally," David. Sorry!) Bethany and I split a cheesesteak and a hoagie, each getting half of the other's sandwich. I really loved the cheesesteak, and Bethany raved about the hoagie. How could you go wrong?

Thanks for such a fun day, guys!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they made it ok! I can't wait to hear all of the Bethany/Candy/Angelique adventures yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so nice to have Bethany and Davide around!

    ReplyDelete