Friday, August 1, 2008

5 Years Ago

Bethany and Mom during her time enduring chemotherapy

Five years ago my mom finished her last treatments for breast cancer. She was such a trooper through it all.

Me and Mom river-rafting in Wyoming a couple of weeks after her last radiation treatment

How amazing to have her here and healthy 5 long years later! A lot has happened since then - with 4 of her kids getting married (2 of them before the end of 2003!)

Mom - July 2008
We're happy to keep you around until we can celebrate 30+ years cancer-free, Mom! I love you and I'm so proud of you :)
And speaking of weddings...! 5 years ago this weekend my brother, Ephraim, married his beautiful bride, Amy.
Congrats on five years, guys!!! Here's to many, many more :)

4 comments:

  1. Your mom is truly a beautiful woman. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I've had to get to know her the past few years! Give her my love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fighter and a beautiful one at that! I wish her many more years of her happy, energetic self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing and great, Candy! I love to hear stories of beating cancer. And I know from stories you've told that your mom is so wonderful.

    I just realized I don't have a link to you on my blog. I'm so bad at that stuff. So I'm adding it right now...hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing fighter! Here is to many more years of celebrations and a healthy life.

    ReplyDelete