Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Home of Their Own

I'm not sure that there are too many other families from Utah that end up with three siblings living in the same tiny town in central Illinois - even if it is just temporarily. I do have to say that it has been more than convenient for those of us that could visit three families for the price of one trip!

Here are Alex and Katie in front of their new home with adorable puppy, Lucy.

While we were in Illinois, we stayed with my brother, Alex, and his wife, Katie. We were able to congratulate them on a few fun things while there: 1) their new little puppy, Lucy (adoring and excitable and slightly incontinent as puppies will be...), 2) their One Year Wedding Anniversary!! and 3) the purchase of their first home! What an exciting time for this young couple. I'm so glad things are going well for them!

Alex and his adoring fans (niece Hazel, wife Katie, puppy Lucy, and cat Ruben)

Alex and Katie are focused on being healthy and they make an early morning run together part of their routine every day. While we were there, Katie started a new job working at a slaughter house. Katie is a veterinary student and she explained that by law slaughtering houses must have Veterinarians on staff to make sure the pigs are fit and treated properly (I hope I got that right, Katie!) Who knew?!?! It must be a little surreal for these vets (or vet students, like Katie) who are trained to save animals that they work in a place that makes efficient slaughtering the main goal.

Smiling Alex at the Memorial Day picnic.


Thanks for your hospitality, Alex and Katie! We are so happy for you and your new home. Best wishes on continuing to settle in and make the refurbishing needed. I can't wait to see some pictures once it's all done! We're keeping our fingers crossed that you guys can make it for Thanksgiving again.

2 comments:

  1. Their place is awesome! They hosted a 4th of July party for all of us and it looks like they are making a great home out of their house! Aren't they a fun couple! Now that you've snatched your sis you are going to have to start working at getting your brothers out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candy! That was very sweet and I feel famous!

    ReplyDelete