However, due to years of working in the publishing field (if cookbooks and phonebooks count) I do think I developed a bit of an eye for a nicely-balanced, clean layout. Well... at least I can almost instantly spot the spelling errors! How's that for a talent??? (I almost threw in a few typos in this last paragraph as a sort of "nudge-nudge, wink-wink, know-what-I-mean? know-what-I-mean?" but then I thought that was a bit hackneyed).
I regularly read a few blogs of women that take some amazing photos and I really admire their talent and commitment. I think I do alright cataloging my life with a little digital camera, but doubt that I approach anything near an artistic level. While a few travel photos I've taken and posted on flickr.com have been included in schmap.com guides, I tend to attribute that to the fact that I took photos of weird things that no one else may have cared to photograph so I slid by on uniqueness, not artistic quality.
Lately I've heard about all these great things you can do these days with just a regular old photo... I use flickr.com to store a lot of my photos, including older ones that I've been scanning in my free time. They recently added a resource called Picnik that lets you do some of the things that Photoshop or similar programs will let you do. I thought it was kind of interesting and easier to use than the free Photoshop that came out in the last month or two. Here are a couple of before and afters that I messed around with tonight. One is a mission photo of me (yes, with a bow in my hair) and another is from my bridal shower with little Gigi baby that is now two years old! Enjoy my attempts... or feel free to shake your head in embarassment for my lack of artistic talent! Maybe I should have stuck to drawing chairs.



Whatever, these are great! I just checked out your bloomin blog and I love it! You really did a great job! It'll be amazing to see you work on that blog as you have told so many fun family tree stories here!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB!!!!
Art comes in many forms. Looks like a pretty artistic blog to me. Plenty of creativity, and that's what it's all about.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of art, on Monday, I'm posting a blog about a superb photographer who is giving away THE best Salt Lake Temple screen saver set of 220photos free! All are welcome to come and partake.
Very cool!! I especially like the one of you and Gigi! I think your blog is art and is certainly much more colorful and asthetically pleasing than mine!
ReplyDeleteGood job, Candy! I love them. Pretty fun stuff. Have you ever tried Picassa? That's another cool place to test out your photo editing capabilities.
ReplyDeleteYou should have just told everyone that you drew those... they could have passed! I really don't have a the right-sided flare to my artwork either.
ReplyDelete