
For Family Home Evening on Monday we read through a couple of lists of ways we can make our home more energy efficient. Some of them we had already implemented, like our ultra-efficient new furnace bought last year (thank you tax credit!) and trying out those energy-efficient spirally lightbulbs (we're still not sure we like the light - but we'll keep working on it). Some of the ideas we plan to do in the not-too-distant future (such as getting new windows as we can afford them). And some of them we just are NOT going to ever be able to do, like lowering the thermostat to 60 and getting Tony to wear a sweater (let alone pants!) You too can have an Electric FHE by checking out these ideas at the Energy Hog website!
Alright - we also had a spiritual thought which included these intriguing quotes from the February Relief Society VT message:
" . . . When families are functioning as designed by God, the relationships found therein are the most valued of mortality. The plan of the Father is that family love and companionship will continue into the eternities"
"In today's world, children will need not only a devoted mother and father, but they will need each of us to protect, teach, and love them. . ."
I can't wait to see what Tony plans for our next Family night!
I love the plans for a more energy efficient home. LOL about tony not wearing a lot. Your awesome for having FHE. I have not always been so good at that.
ReplyDeleteAh, well we're definitely not perfect on the FHE thing! I think we've only had it like 8-10 times in a year and a half! And yeah, luckily I think Tony has some cute little legs cuz I sure see them a lot!
ReplyDeletegood ideas on the energy efficiency. I need to get going on that. We better plan one of those FHEs!
ReplyDeleteWow...I'm so glad you introduced yourself. I figured no one east of the Mississippi was blogging. We live in Yardley...Morrisville Ward. How about you guys?
ReplyDelete