Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Day

Our table set for Easter

Easter was a very nice day for us! Tony went to early mass and I went to church. We then went to Cousin Nancy's home for Easter brunch. I'll post some photos of our family there. We see Tony's family a lot, but I have been bad about getting my camera out and getting some shots! They are a handsome group of people and need to be seen :) I didn't get Celeste's husband and sons, but will get them another time...

Tony's cousin, Nancy - the beautiful hostess (Lena's daughter from previous post)

The Easter brunch spread at Nancy's mid-way through the feasting

We came home and prepared a great Easter dinner for the sister missionaries and they shared a lesson with us after dinner. It was nice to see them. There is a new sister (fresh greenie straight out of the Missionary Training Center) and Tony gave her a bit of a hard time joshing her - but she took it very well and passed his approval test in the end! I'll post a pic of our festive table. I wanted to give the sisters a little bit of a holiday feel since they aren't home at holiday time. I recall one Easter dinner on my mission and the family we ate with gave us all a pair of socks which was apparently a Romanian Easter custom (unbeknownst to us). I had absolutely NO success making those Romanian nylons work on my American legs, so decided I would buy something a little more fun/useful for the sister missionaries here.

Celeste and Jennifer - Nancy's daughters

Cousin Rita's family - David, Rita, and David Louis (Rita is Lena's daughter)

As for the food on Easter, everything was great! The buffet at Nancy's was wonderful. I have never had a bad meal with Tony's family. For the brunch I made my Grandma Beverly's cheese roll, which we also served as appetizer for our dinner later. It is always a hit! Then we had a full turkey dinner at our house with mashed potatoes, stuffing (my mom's fantastic recipe), gravy, salad and sides with canolli for dessert. It was a fun day all around!


Michelle's family - Michelle, Casey, Bill, and Kelly (Michelle is Cousin Celeste's daughter, Lena's granddaughter)


Chris and Jennifer - proud future parents!
Joey's family - Joey, Diane, and Joseph (Joey is Nancy's stepson)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous, relaxing and fun Easter. Glad you took care of those sister missionaries. I just realized after Easter I want to start dying some of our eggs red to symbolize Christ's blood like they do in Romania. What other fun Romanian things can you remember that would be good traditions to carry on??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see some of Tony's family. Glad you had such a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I think I noticed some pumpkin pie...ahh pumpkin pie I could just eat that right up. I think I will definitely get along with Tony's family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I think you are seeing Nancy's Ricotta Pie. Still very yummy, but definitely not pumpkin. But they do make some fantastic desserts!

    ReplyDelete