Friday, July 20, 2012

Birthday Afternoon

On my birthday, Bethany came to pick up her girls in the afternoon and she brought a big birthday bag of surprises!
Madeline was more interested in playing with the bag than in the presents.
  
Madeline hiding in the bag!

BOO! There she is!

Back into the bag she goes!








Tony took me to a very  nice Italian restaurant with this miniature Trevi fountain in front.

Best husband in the world!

The Fountain Side Restaurant features many interesting and unusual dishes.One of these was the snapper turtle soup. I commented on it to the waitress and she offered to bring me a little taste. I sort of took her up on the offer. She brought it and said that people came from all around to try the snapper soup and that they butchered the turtles on site. ("You can come in the back and see the shells if you would like!" Um, no thanks). She then says again, "Yes, people love this soup! but to me it tastes like a man in a blender." Uh What???  A Man in a blender?? Wow. I tasted it, and while it wasn't quite as funky as a man in a blender, I definitely will not be ordering it ever. It was a fun, memorable dinner followed up by a mango Rita's of course!  Thanks for the great birthday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Poor turtles. That is a crazy birthday story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man in a blender is one of my favorite flavors. That's usually what I chose when I get a Hawaiian shaved ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man in a blender!! That is awesome.

    By the way, I have an idea for your cucumbers. You could make pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, pickles are a great idea! Can you make them with giant-sized cukes? Or maybe we should just pick them smaller, duh :) Tony loves pickles. I'll suggest this to him. Sorry about your drought, guys :(

    ReplyDelete