Once in a while I get to go on a business trip with my love, Mr. T. That's Tony, not THE Mr. T. Two weeks ago we were able to stay in Atlantic City for four days while Tony worked at the Atlantic Builders Convention. Basically, a trade show for contractors so it was good connections for Tony and his colleagues to connect with individuals who work on remodels and construction, and let them know of the dangers of lead paint and how to best prevent any problems.
| Me and Tony at Tun Tavern |
We drove down on Tuesday morning and had lunch at the Atlantic City Tun Tavern with Tony's work pal, Paul. He is such a nice, fun guy. We had fun catching up and eating some good food. After that we went and helped Paul unload all of the materials for the convention at the AC Convention Center.
| Paul, enjoying Tun Tavern |
| One view of the Taj Mahal from the boardwalk. |
| The pier right outside of the Taj Mahal off of the boardwalk. None of the rides were going during the week, but the ferris wheel would turn in the wind! |
The three days that Tony was working at the convention, I did some homework, caught up on work paperwork, and explored a little. I had a nap every day which was just lovely. One of the mornings was apparently perfect surfing weather and we were able to watch some surfers out of our hotel window for a couple of hours.
One of Tony's favorite places to get a hoagie is at the White House. It is only in two locations - its original site in Atlantic City and a second location within the Taj Mahal. I got 3 cheesesteaks from the White House for lunch one day and took the shuttle over to the convention center to feed the guys. They loved them! I also took some time to check out the other booths at the convention and pick up some fun items. We got lots of loot for the kiddies, such as snoopy construction dolls and frog keychains that stick out their tongues when you squeeze them.
One of the evenings we walked around the outlet mall in the center of the city and then had dinner at Lonestar Steakhouse. It was a great time in the big AC, but we were ready to come home. I have to admit that I enjoyed Atlantic City much more this time around than when we went a couple of summers ago. There were not nearly as many people on the boardwalk or the beach and the weather was very ocean-y - brisk and windy. I'm glad I could go on this trip with Mr. T. We made a lot of memories and that is the most important thing!
Amazing! That sounds so fun! I'm glad you posted pictures so I didn't have to chalk Mr.T's description up to a fish tale. You look great too- love you in red.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun trip. It's nice to have a mix of a little bit of work, a little bit of site-seeing and a little bit of relaxing.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a cool trip. I wish my husband would take me along on work trips to exotic places like Atlantic City! :)
ReplyDelete