Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Italian Stallion - 1970's style

Focus your senses, dear readers, on the chappy in the red and pink leisure suit. Does he look familiar?? (click on the pic to enlarge) It's my own dear husband on a visit to his adoring family in Southern Italy. Do you think they ever even dared dream that something so... well... dreamy would come to them?!?!

We have been doing quite a bit of cleaning and sorting in our basement and came across a box full of photos. These two gems were there, along with many other photos from Tony's trip to Italy to visit his father's family. A lot of them featured livestock such as this adorable little calf. Proud farming folk taking lots of bovine photos. I hope you enjoyed this flashback to a beautiful time in Tony's life. I wonder if he was called Antonio a lot on that trip. He's my Antonio Bello ! Rocky has nothing on you, babe.

10 comments:

  1. Hee, hee! I love seeing those pictures from years back--how fashion has changed :) What great memories to capture with Tony and his family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That must have been so great to have stumbled across that box of pics for you to see, and for him to take a stroll down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way!!! That is awesome!!! Love love love the suit! So glad he kept the photos! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red suit with the pink jacket totally makes me day. This pictures are treasures! I wish I had family to visit in Southern Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Those pictures are classic! Watch our Fabio. :)
    -Haibach's

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sportcoat is NOT pink but red and white fineline stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so priceless! I love the big Italian family. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the old flashback photos. They're great. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! He should be the one to bring back the look! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete