Last night we had a guy come over and give us an estimate on refinishing all of our hard wood floors, which currently are all under wall-to-wall carpeting that has seen better days. Based on some of the things he told us and the estimate, we started re-thinking the hardwood floors. So tonight we went carpet shopping and found some definite options. There is just something about soft carpet underfoot that appeals to me, and Tony assures me that it will help our insulation in the winter since we have an unheated basement. I am tending to lean to the carpet since it is all I've ever known, and I like dealing with the known! And in case anyone is thinking it - no, Tony is not pushing me one way or the other. He was willing to let me have my way if my heart was set on the hardwood floors. What a sweetheart! So, we'll see what we end up doing. Either way, we want everything done by mid-September. And who knows, maybe I'll get some "Our floors are finally done" flowers!
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Irises and Lilies
Last night we had a guy come over and give us an estimate on refinishing all of our hard wood floors, which currently are all under wall-to-wall carpeting that has seen better days. Based on some of the things he told us and the estimate, we started re-thinking the hardwood floors. So tonight we went carpet shopping and found some definite options. There is just something about soft carpet underfoot that appeals to me, and Tony assures me that it will help our insulation in the winter since we have an unheated basement. I am tending to lean to the carpet since it is all I've ever known, and I like dealing with the known! And in case anyone is thinking it - no, Tony is not pushing me one way or the other. He was willing to let me have my way if my heart was set on the hardwood floors. What a sweetheart! So, we'll see what we end up doing. Either way, we want everything done by mid-September. And who knows, maybe I'll get some "Our floors are finally done" flowers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy 11th month anniversary. The flowers are gorgeous. If I may, I will give my input on the hardwood floors: I'D RATHER HAVE CARPET! Seriously. As pretty as they are, they are hard to keep clean (dust bunnies) and they scratch and they are loud and extremely cold in the winter. Our basement is not heated and so it definitely makes for a harsh winter! Hope that helps!
ReplyDeleteTony is a great guy. I can't wait to see what he gives you for your one year! (we won't have to wait too long to see)
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the carpet thing. Nick really loves hardwood but I don't know a think about it. I would probably cover it in area rugs anyway because I love to sit on the floor :)
Good luck on your projects!