We got all new tires on our Accord before we headed out on this trek, and the car did very well even in rainy weather. As you may know from our blog about our Summer road trip, we like to listen to books on tape (when one of us isn't listening to local AM stations to hear the news about the traffic and weather every 10 minutes). This trip the book we enjoyed was The Wailing Wind by Tony Hillerman. It was a pretty good one with both Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee featured. I do believe we recommend it, though it probably had a more complex storyline than some.
We both knew that our last day of just straight driving would be long, but I think we just about lost it in the crazy delays heading up to and over the George Washington bridge!! Darn you GWB traffic! I lost 2 hours of my life to you!! Luckily, Tony would not let me drive pretty much the entire trip. He said he really wanted it to be a true vacation for me, so he took on the stress and difficulty of the entire stretch. What an awesome husband!!!
We got home to a lot of mail, and a safe and sound home. We are grateful for our great country which affords us chances to get away and learn more about history and great men and women. We were inspired, refreshed, and more in love than we were the week before. It doesn't get better than that!
On another note, we were able to attend the groundbreaking of the Philadelphia LDS Temple the morning after we got home. It is going to be beautiful!!

Sweet picture! Are we going to stop by the temple site when we're there in Nov?
ReplyDeleteWe can totally drive you by!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I hadn't seen a pic of what the temple will look like. I love it! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so impressed with your trips! Maybe even more impressed with Tony's chivalry :) The world needs more guys like Tony! Neal just doesn't let me drive because he can't tolerate my skills...