Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our Phirst Phillies Game!



Tuesday night after work Tony and I headed down to Citizens Bank Park to see a Phillies game. I had never been to a MLB game, and Tony hadn't seen a Phillies game since the 60's so we were really looking forward to it! It was the Philadelphia Phillies against the Cincinnati Reds. We got there nice and early as it was our first time and we wanted to take things at a leisurely pace in order to see everything at the ballpark. We shared a cheesesteak and a drink before the game, ran into one of Tony's buddies from High School that he hasn't seen for years, and eventually got high enough in the stands that we found our spot.


Not quite the last row - but we could see it very well from where we sat. The nice thing is we had a great view of the field and the jumbotron or whatever they call it. We also had a beautiful view of the Philly skyline and were able to watch it change as the sun went down.

It was very relaxing to sit together holding hands and watch the game unfold. We left during the seventh inning, grabbed hot dogs so we could say we'd had a dog at the park, and by the time we got downstairs we were able to join in the 7th inning stretch song - Take Me out to the Ballgame. Good memories. The game was tied 3-3 when we left, but unfortunately the Reds took it 3-6 by the end of the 9th. The amazing thing is we missed the LOOOONG game (19 innings) that went until early in the morning - that happened the day after we were there. We have tickets for another game in the Fall, and we're looking forward to it already! GO PHILLIES!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time at the game. Too bad the Phillies lost. It was fun to see the ballpart and the Philadelphia sky line.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I always get a dog at the ballpark too(it's why I go). Thanks for the pictures and sharing your nice memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy fruitin, tootin, ball-parl o'rama. I have been to a total of 1 major league game and about 10-15 minor league games. I like them but they tend to run,,.... long! I agree, that the food can make the game. I cannot stop commenting. I just kept wondering who the hottie on the jumbo-tron is and is he a baseball player!?! I don't think there is any chance that I would recognize anyone from highschool at this point and I doubt they would recognize me, that is saying something to recognize someone 30 yrs later! I'm glad to see the blog is back, its been awhile

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a phun experience! Thanks phor sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the question I have is how do you tell the Phillies from the Reds? Seems like it would be one big crimson field. Is one more a cardinal (ha ha) red and the other a rose red? Or are those actually the same color? Oy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, yes the blog is back! If any of you clicked "email follow up comments" you might actually read this... Tony actually had connected with his friend on Facebook, so they both expected to run into each other - which helped to ID the other one. And Alex, the Reds wore their away uniforms - red on gray, Phillies were red on white - which was still a little hard to see from the nosebleeders, but we managed.

    ReplyDelete