Monday, March 16, 2009

I really thought I could do it... but I can't!

Baby Ephraim in Mom's arms

So, today is my brother, Ephraim's, birthday. I just talked with him and his cute daughter and wished them both happy birthday. I thought I could just let the birthday wishes go with a reminder to him of my post last year wishing him happy birthday... but I can't. I had to post a few more blasts from the past. Maybe it's because Eph was there since I was five... which is most of my memories. I always thought he was a cutie. Love ya, Ephie!! Hope to see you soon :)


How cute is this? I think all of these next 3 pics are from about the same time period.

Here we all are at the Utah State Fair. I wonder what Ephie was thinking of the big guy...
L-R: Roger, Howard (our Navajo foster brother), Darth Vader, Eph, Me, and ???
The girl on the end is the daughter of our mom's friend who was visiting from New Jersey.
I can't remember her name. Mom - do you remember?

Wow! Look at Mom here. I think this is in Seattle on our summer vacation.
I don't think Eph was too excited to be in the pic.

Just a few more inches and he would have Mom's hairstyle :)

All that floppy hair as a kid, and he still managed to look very handsome on his wedding day!

Happy Birthday again, Ephraim!

3 comments:

  1. Even if you had never said, I could totally tell that was your mom. Her face has not changed a bit! Very cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhmm, I would've thought that Eph's kid pics would remind me of his kids now but I'm not seeing it. And yet I look at those kids and see so much of Eph (am I making sense?). It is fun to see these pictures and you always inspire me to get to work on scanning in all those old photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - it makes sense, Jackie! I admit I didn't scan these ones in especially for this - they are the ones I already had on my external drive. I am sure I'll have more for next year lol

    ReplyDelete