A few weeks ago, Tony and I renewed our vows! Are you surprised? It is a little unorthodox to renew vows after only two years, but after experiencing it, I'm so glad we did it. It was a sweet and simple ceremony at Tony's church with some of our family and close friends and neighbors. I feel very lucky to have such a romantic husband who not only recommitted to me after only two years, but wanted to ensure that our marriage was blessed. In all the difficulties and joys of the last two years, I think we both were comforted to know that we did it all over again.
We had a barbeque lunch afterward in our backyard with all our guests. It was so fun, though it was a lot of work! People were so helpful and generous. Thanks to everyone that came and everyone that helped make the lunch a success. Special thanks to Larry, Tony's best man, and Bethany, my matron of honor, for not only reprising their roles from 2 years ago, but going the extra mile to dig out their wedding duds and wearing them! Finally, we owe a big "thank you" to Monsignor Flood, pastor of St. Luke the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, who met with us a few months ago to make sure we were ready for the cermony, and then performed the ceremony on the day. We both appreciated his time and support. Here is a slideshow from the day. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed the day!
We had a barbeque lunch afterward in our backyard with all our guests. It was so fun, though it was a lot of work! People were so helpful and generous. Thanks to everyone that came and everyone that helped make the lunch a success. Special thanks to Larry, Tony's best man, and Bethany, my matron of honor, for not only reprising their roles from 2 years ago, but going the extra mile to dig out their wedding duds and wearing them! Finally, we owe a big "thank you" to Monsignor Flood, pastor of St. Luke the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, who met with us a few months ago to make sure we were ready for the cermony, and then performed the ceremony on the day. We both appreciated his time and support. Here is a slideshow from the day. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed the day!
This was so cute to watch. I should be watching conference right now, but my kids are begging to watch a movie... so I've recorded the last session. I really wish we could have been there to be a part of it. I think you guys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteThat was so awesome! We have our vow renewal scheduled too...but not til we hit our 25th anniversary though! Loved the video too; you guys are great!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It sounds like it was a great anniversary all around.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I think that is sucha great idea. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Candy! That's so exciting for the both of you.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh you two are so darn cute. I'm so glad you got to do that. That would be a LOT of work for that bbq. You guys are the best party people. So glad Tony is such a great guy. You two look so happy.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a cute couple! Even though it hasn't been very long since you were married, I think it is very important to be renewing your commitment to each other every chance you can get and to not put it off. Good for you! Everything looks so beautiful and worthwhile! You really did a great job!
ReplyDeleteWay to go you blogger you! I'm so glad that we were able to be there. It was beautiful and yummy :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!! What an awesome event for you!!! I am sure we are going to get to be good friends, we have a lot in common! I am glad you told me about this blog, you are much better at it than I am , maybe you can teach me a few tricks, I am slow to get the hang of things! I already have you bookmarked so I will keep checking in on you! You look fabulous btw! Congratulations again, what a wonderful occasion!
ReplyDeleteI loved the slideshow! I've watched it twice and will likely come back for more servings ;-) Thank you so much for blogging your life so I can feel some participation in it with you and Tony. Love you!
ReplyDelete