Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today is our first anniversary. I cannot imagine a year more full of joy and happiness and fun than this last year! I made a list of all the reasons I love you, Tony, and here they are in no particular order:

The way you clean all the yucky parts in the bathroom that I hate to do.

The way you find many, many ways and times to say you love me… a lot… a huge amount… immensely!

The way you can’t wait to strip as soon as you walk in the door (because of the heat everybody, geez!)

The way you get all “project-manager-y” at Home Depot or Lowe’s or elsewhere when we are researching our home improvement options.

The way you put away the dishes in the middle of the night.

Your smile.

When you sing. Do it more often!!

That little dance you do in the car when your favorite songs come on.

How excited you get when you have a surprise for me.

That you celebrate our marriage every month!

How you support me in anything I try to do.

That you are shy deep down, but gruff and booming on the surface.

That we can laugh about silly things in our lives, and even about some tough things.

That you are proud of everything I try to do for other people.

That you are giving your all to our life and our family.

The multitude of changes you have made in the last two years to make our relationship work out.

That you have lifelong friends and know the meaning of loyalty, even to a fault.

The way you call me “H.B.” or “W.” and I have to figure out what you mean

That you like my quesadillas, tacos, fajitas, and the new chicken and pepper sandwich – and you manage to enjoy almost everything else I make!

That you don’t ever hold a grudge against me.

Your hair and the sort of way it sticks up.

That you give me all your change. Yea for me!

That you are very faithful and pray all the time for me and things important to me.

The way you wish you could give me the world, but you don’t realize that you already have.

The way you get SO excited about soup.

When you say “sandwich” and then always change it to “sanguich-a!”

Your smooches.

Your beautiful brown eyes.

Your warm hands.

That you have never ever complained about my weird work hours.

That you have never ever complained when I make you the same lunch for a YEAR in a row practically, or when I forget to include a banana.

That you want to take me to every cool place you’ve ever been – and that I feel the same way about you.

That you are a film nerd and know even the most obscure character actors.

That you can beat me BIG time in Scrabble, but that you sometimes lose too.

Your devotion to our scrappy little cat, Martha.

How you always want to sleep on the side by the door in hotels to “protect” me.

That you dream BIG, baby!

That you indulge me a lot more than you really should.

That you cried at our wedding.

That you don’t cry when I practice.

That you let me sing – occasionally.

That you come to Church to support me, even when I just have to say a prayer.

The way you hold me when I’m sad.

Your kisses (and yes, kisses are different than smooches!)

How you reach over in bed just to make sure I’m still there… and I’ll always be there.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You are both such wonderful people. What a sweet message to your man.

    Oh, and Nick agrees about the difference between a smooch and a kiss. I had to be convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Candy, that is the sweetest post ever. That makes me want to write down more of what I love about Dave...it's so important to be thankful for all those wonderful things. Tony sounds like such an amazing guy. I am SOOOO happy you found each other. Happy anniversary! Love, Shawni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears! That was so gentle and sweet. I liked the stripping part, it was great.

    ReplyDelete