Thursday, September 27, 2007

Anniversary - Part Two (finally!)

If you're keeping up with the blog, then you know what a fabulous anniversary surprise Tony gave me with our dinner at the Victor Cafe. Well, that same evening he also had planned for us to go somewhere else for a second dessert! Is this man decadent or what? We had a tough time finding a parking spot downtown, but finally we parked in a garage and started walking. We ended up at Le Bar Lyonnais at Le Bec-Fin, a fantastic French restaurant which is one of Tony's all-time favorite places to eat. The bar is still pretty fancy, but was perfect to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere while sampling some of the wonderful pastries. I have never had desserts with gold gilding on them! We weren't able to finish the pastry sampler, and neither were we able to decide which of the fantastic concoctions was the best. After our time at Le Bec-Fin, we headed home having enjoyed the perfect evening.


The next day (our actual anniversary) we had a great time hanging out with Tony's family at his cousin Rita's home poolside. They all wished us happy anniversary. It's always fun when a bunch of rambunctious Italians get together! And there is ALWAYS food! When we got home, I gave Tony his presents from me: a nice, new wallet, the post on how many ways I love him on my blog, and the main present that I had been working on for hours - a video of photos set to music of the first weekend we met through our first year of marriage. Of course - I only had it completed through the honeymoon - but that isn't too bad! He loved all of it. I still have to finish the video and then get it onto DVD.

To top off our anniversary weekend, we went to the Great Allentown Fair. It was a beautiful day, though a little hotter than we expected. We saw pigs - pigs running, swimming, and wallowing. We petted big smelly cows and an adorable calf. We saw a lot of odd antiques as well - which were all entered in competition. Did you know you could enter almost anything you have bought or created in some category at a country fair?? Try it! You'll like it!... maybe. When all was said and done we loved being together all day, but the fair itself was not quite as fun as the one we went to last year in Bloomsburg. One country fair a year is good for now!

On the way to the fair, we went by Yocco's hotdogs in Allentown for lunch. This place has a reputation for having amazing hotdogs. There is a map in the entry identifying all the places that they have shipped their hotdogs - and we are talking all over the country and the world! So, I thought we were gonna have one fantastic dog!

Well, I got a chili dog - and - well, it just was NOT that fantastic. I'm glad it was cheap! I have no idea what people are thinking paying all this money to ship these hotdogs all over the world. Oh well! I guess they remind them of home - if home is Allentown. Here is a photo of our lunch to prove that y'all really aren't missing much!

Even the fries were like those frozen ones you can just heat up. It was fun to be there with Tony at least! He was the most thoughtful husband I could hope for all weekend, and I am blessed that he constantly comes up with new, fun, interesting, and sometimes sort of oddball, ideas of things for us to do together! He is never boring, and I love that about him. I was always afraid of marrying someone and being bored after two weeks. That will NEVER happen with my fabulous hubby!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to spend an anniversary. I loved hearing about it. Tony is just so thoughtful as are you with your cute gifts. You've inspired me to start thinking of a great, more thoughtful gift for Dave for his b-day coming up.

    ReplyDelete