So, what do you do at night in an unknown place? Look for community theater of course!! I was thrilled to find a dinner theater in Frederick which was showing Legally Blonde, the Musical. Tony gave me a hard time about it, but since I know he loves just about any live performance, and dinner, I felt it would be a great combination. It did not disappoint!
 |
| Looking forward to the production! |
So this dinner theater - the
Way Off Broadway Dinner Theater - is in a strip mall, and VERY popular with the local Fredericksonians (or whatever they are called). The actors are the waiters, and it was fun to get to know them as they got us our drinks and cleared our dishes, because we could then look them up in the playbill and see what role they would play.
 |
| Definitely enjoying the show. |
The dinner was buffet style and you were called out table by table in order for everyone to get a chance to go through the buffet at least once. They have been doing this for quite a few years and have it down to a science. The play was very fun and followed the movie pretty closely. Some of the tunes were very catchy and the cast did a great job. We enjoyed the entire experience.
After the show, Tony surprised me by driving around trying to find this quirky sign that I had seen on our way into town. Isn't is awesome? Don't you want to eat there???
I DO want to eat there.
ReplyDeletehaha, thanks Katie! let's do lunch the next time both of us are in Frederick!
ReplyDelete