Monday, June 25, 2012

Miss G and Ms. M - Dance Recital

It's no big secret that we love getting to see our nieces and nephews. Two of our nieces, Gigi and Madeline, used to live about 13 minutes away from us. Then they moved last month. Now they live FIVE minutes away from us! Yes, FIVE! And I guess to be fair, they also live with their most excellent parents, David and Bethany, whom we also enjoy seeing.

A few weeks ago we got to attend their dance recital. They both did a great job and looked like the princesses they are. Gigi is a star just waiting to be discovered, while Madeline is more of a closet ballerina. She was the youngest dancer that night as far as we could tell. Tony was the proudest uncle ever, and he was literally on the edge of his seat through each of their routines. Mom and Dad had flown in that weekend to see the new home, so they were also able to attend the recital.  The next morning was a Saturday and I headed over to see my family and got to observe the recital rerun in their living room. Enjoy the pics and the video.


THE NIGHT OF...


Madeline and proud Daddy

Beautiful girl

Awesome sis Bethany and our sweet Dad

Madeline wasn't sure she liked all the attention, while Gigi was SURE.
 She was Very very SURE.

I vant to be alone!

THE NEXT MORNING...

Madeline was dancing alone for quite a while, humming along and then Gigi came in to dance, too.

Hello!

Madeline was mimicking Gigi at first...

...and then she started to shake it Madeline-Style!

She was much happier with that.

Notice the little furry friend on her shoulder?


I love this video. Madeline is the one humming so that they have music to dance to.

This is the perfect example of how these two play together. Listen for the way Madeline calls Gigi "Honey!"

4 comments:

  1. So Sweet!! I love it! Thanks for being such a great Aunt to share these precious moments in time with all of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love tiny dancers! They are so cute. I'm glad you're able to live so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, Sis. Thanks for keeping us up to date on the cutie-pie Payne girls.

    ReplyDelete