Sunday, July 17, 2011

Surprise!!!! At least it was to me...

Me and my awesome family during the first few minutes at my surprise party!!

So, as far as I knew, my 40th birthday celebrations would consist of a fancy dinner and a night with Tony at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. Unbeknownst to me, my husband had been planning a huge surprise party for me for months! He is so amazing! And everyone that helped him is wonderful to have supported this. The biggest thank-you's go to Rita, Tony's cousin who really outdid herself in getting this party going, and Bethany, my sister, who really helped take care of things as well. Rita's husband and son were also the muscle behind the miracle - getting tables ready and putting things all away when it was over.

I thought we were going to a graduation party for Tony's cousin's son, David Louis. When we got to their house and walked down to the pool, SURPRISE!!! there were about 65 people waiting to greet me. My jaw REALLY dropped when my parents walked out - they had flown in the night before just for my party! My cousin and his wife also came from out of town - driving up from DC. It honestly took me quite a few minutes to wrap my head around it all, and even later that night after we went home I was still trying to piece it all together.

Me and my parents after the big "reveal!" My reaction when I saw them? Complete confusion - "What are you doing here!?!?"

Rita, me and Celeste - these are awesome ladies!

David and Gigi showing that it was my "4-0" birthday!

Bethany and Rita - the support behind it all!


Another big surprise is that my niece, Gigi, had memorized "Happy Birthday to You" on the violin and she performed it flawlessly in front of everyone!

Here she is taking her big bow!

This cake was really delicious and beautiful. I insisted on serving it to everyone so I could make sure they all had the piece they wanted!

Here I am with the fantastic, wonderful man that made it happen. If anyone doubted whether this guy loves me, they sure don't now! (not that anyone did.)

Everyone had a wonderful time. The company was great (of course, it was all my friends and family!), the food was delicious, and the pool area was beautiful. I tried to take a picture of everyone that was there so I would never forget. Tony really outdid himself on this one. I hope everyone gets at least one huge surprise party in their lives. It was really amazing!! Watch the slideshow below to get even more pictures of the fun!!



4 comments:

  1. It was a great party. We're so glad we could be a part of it and celebrate YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom told me about this! How fun!! I love that you had no idea. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been there, Sis! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. We'd all known about it for months. I can't tell you how hard it was to not let it slip. Love you!

    ReplyDelete