Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's been FOUR years, people!!

So we celebrated our four year anniversary last week. It was wonderful. There is something very comforting about being married for four years, especially to someone who loves you as much as Tony loves me. Needless to say, I like, love, adore, and everything else him! On our actual anniversary, Tony brought me a beautiful card and three dozen roses, yellow, pink, and red. So beautiful! I gave him a card and a set of Bruce Springsteen concert DVD's.



On Saturday, we went to see the Late Renoir exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It was sooo wonderful! We loved it. I seriously felt like I was in the south of France for a couple of hours. We ended up buying a framed print for one of the empty walls in our living room. It looks great.



We also ended up going across the street to the Perelman Building part of the Museum to see an exhibit that we in Philly are especially proud about - The Gross Clinic by Eakins. Essentially, the owner of the painting by Philadelphia artist, Thomas Eakins, was up for sale I believe to a Japanese buyer. Philadelphia pulled together resources to save the painting and it has just undergone a beautiful restoration and is now on display. Fascinating. Check out the history of the painting here.



That night we went to our anniversary spot - the Victor Cafe in South Philly. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and great ambiance with lots of people and opera-singing servers. We held hands across the table.



Tony always comes up with a surprise place for dessert. This year he took me to a great gelateria called Capogiro. Tony tried cantelope gelato, while I tried straciatella and "bacio" flavored gelato. It was SO nummy. The neighborhood had a great feel as well.

We also celebrated one year since I was in the hospital last fall. I'm doing so well and we are very grateful for that. Can't wait for anniversary #5!!

I LOVE YOU, ANTHONY!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Oh! That sounds like a GREAT anniversary week! How happy for you to have such a love as this and thank you for posting about it. Happy anniversary! Oh, did you get a picture of the roses?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two! You guys always do wonderful things for each other. I love hearing about each year's celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to hear about your anniversaries. You guys always do great things, and that sweet Tony spoils you (as I'm sure you do him too). I love it. Love, Shawni

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary! I'm so impressed that you got this posted so soon :) I love the painting. Can't believe I haven't seen it in your home yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great anniversary! You are both so sweet to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! Looks like you two had a great time. I like the gory picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete