Today is my darling husband's birthday!! He is my funny valentine and I adore him. We had a small birthday brunch in Tony's honor this morning. David brought Gigi and Minnie (my mom). Bethany is not feeling well as she was due yesterday and still no sign of the baby coming. Poor thing. The sister missionaries came as well and gave us a great lesson before we ate. I served a great fruit salad (heavy on berries as Tony loves them), sausage hash browns for Tony, and delicious Breakfast Quiche for everyone that actually eats eggs. Afterwards, we opened Tony's presents and then David studied while Angelique took a nap. Minnie and Tony and I watched an old movie. It was such a fun day.
Tony has been spouting a lot of Henny Youngman jokes lately, but even with his own material he keeps me laughing and smiling. Tony always knows just what to say at the right time, and he says it in a way that I know he truly cares about me.
Tony and Gigi with one of his presents from Minnie. Gigi sings one mean Happy Birthday!
Tony - this last year I've seen you working so hard for our family, for our home, and for our future. Your efforts inspire me every day to work harder and reach higher. I've seen you focusing even more on your faith and deepening your prayers and supplications to Heavenly Father. You've adjusted so well to having in-laws, and having your home invaded by many Mormons on a regular basis!
Thank you for supporting me in everything I do. You agree wholeheartedly with a resounding "yes" before I even get through explaining why I have to do what I have to do. You are such a wonderful person! I could not ask for a better friend, sweetheart, or man to have in my life every beautiful day. I love living with you and getting to know you more every day. You keep on surprising me (in a good way) as I discover more and more facets to you. I'm so proud of you as you meet challenges head-on, especially when I feel like running and hiding instead.
Tony, you are such a giving person. I know your tendencies are to love and give and love and give until you had no more inside or in the bank. I'm glad that we are a great team, working and building together! I finally seem to be understanding that you "get" me. That someone out there knows ME - what I like and dislike, what I've done in my life and what I want to do. You can predict my emotions and behavior with sometimes embarrassing accuracy, and I love it! I love that I know YOU! I know how to predict your behavior and emotions, I know what you like and dislike, and I know your history and your dreams. I love knowing you this way, and it just makes me love and admire you all the more. I hope you had a fantastic birthday, and here's to many, many more! I love you.
Happy Birthday, Tony! It looks like you had a great party :)
ReplyDeleteTony and Candy, What a wonderful expression of love for each other. I am happy for you and am impressed with all you do.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad Ed
Happy Birthday Tony! Sorry I wasn't there yesterday :( It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Sorry I wasn't able to give you a new niece for your birthday.
ReplyDeleteDitto to how great Tony is!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a beautiful post. And the cake looks yummy! I don't know if you've played "Apples To Apples" yet, but we LOVE that game around here. Very fun for the very competative. I'm counting on you to post Bethany's delvery first as she'll be very tired, I'm sure! Say "Hi" to your mom for me and "Happy Birthday" to Tony!
ReplyDeleteYay Happy Birthday Tony ... and many more! Candy you are so sweet! What happy memories!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet tribute to Tony. I know I've said it before, but man, I think you guys are the greatest couple. Happy Birthday Tony! (even though I've never met you...hopefully I will some day).
ReplyDeleteThat was such a sweet post! It sounds like it was a marvelous birthday! And how fun to have your mom there, too!
ReplyDelete