It's been over 4 months since Tony and I were married. I keep meaning to start a blog, but haven't ever done it before. I'm sure that everyone is very interested in the life of a Utah Mormon married to a Philadelphia Catholic Italian. Tony came up with the name of the blog, and it seems somehow appropriate. It's pretty amazing how well Tony and I get along considering we spent minimal time in each others' presence prior to being married. We definitely have things about each other that we are getting used to, but that's part of the fun!
Last night I went to a concert of the Old York Road Symphony. It's a community orchestra here in the Abington area. I am considering joining and they say they are always accepting competent string players. The concert was enjoyable, with the program being all Russian music. I've always liked Russian music. The first CD I bought myself - back when CDs were brand new - was of Russian orchestral music. One of the guest pianists was Saleka Shyamalan, the daughter of Philadelphia-based film director M. Night Shyamalan. She is a tiny 10 year old, and it was good to see her family there supporting her. She was very self-prepossessed for a first-time performer with an orchestra.
I am speaking in Church next week. I said the closing prayer today, and I think that put me on the radar. Tony came to Sacrament Meeting to support me, and I expect he'll be there for me next week as well. He is always so sweet and supportive of me and whatever efforts I make musically or in my religious callings as well. I could not ask for a better man!
Poirot is on tv right now. We've been watching a lot of mysteries lately. Columbo is Tony's favorite tv show, and so I've been catching up on them so we can watch the last 3 seasons which he got on CD for Christmas. I enjoy them, and Peter Falk definitely grows on you.
I'm afraid my blog will be one of those inane ones where the writing is neither super-interesting nor lyrical - it will simply add to the increasing morass of words searchable online. Oh well. Once in a while I have deeply philosophical ideas, and maybe they will actually make it out of my brain into public domain. In the meantime - I can always just mention what we had for dinner (cheese ravioli with gravy (red sauce) and meatballs - and roasted green beans with hazelnuts (which I burnt trying to toast them in the toaster oven) and the ubiquitous salad (which Tony insists on for every meal dressed in oil and vinegar)).
I applied to Penn in December and should find out if I'm accepted for Fall 2007 in March. Poirot and Hastings are now gathering evidence and noticing slight inconsistencies in physical evidence in the dead woman's room. I do enjoy listening to Poirot on audio book, but it's a little well, patronizing on tv. Ah! Voila! He found what he was looking for.
Okay. Enough for now. I am going to practice a little. My violin playing is quite rusty as far as precision, so I got a scale book and a couple of exercise/etude books which I hope to get working on by the time we form the quartet.
La revedere!
No comments:
Post a Comment